Wednesday, August 13, 2008






Wow, 

Summer is almost over, and we just went school shopping and registered our kids for school.  Where did that go?  We are busy trying to get ready for the school year.  

I cant believe Jacey is going to be in high school this year.  She is going to go to Orem High.  She already played on their softball team, so she is a bit familiar. She is so much fun to watch on the field!  Man, I love when she pitches or plays first as her reflexes are faster than I can even think. She is going to play her trombone in the band their too, and she has really got into writing lately, so that will be fun for her to be in English again.  Jacey is such a fun girl to have around the house with her quick whit and her fun personality.

Riley is starting Eighth grade.  I cant believe he is that old...he will be 14 this month!  He is so outgoing, and fun, and has quite a sense of humor.  You cant walk anywhere without him having someone say "Hi Riley"!  He just got back from his week long scout camp where he took his trumpet to get his bugling merit badge.  He is going to register to play

Jocelyn is going to rule the school in the 6th grade this year.  Sixth grade is the last year of elementary around here...wow, my last child in grade school!  She is also VERY excited to start school.  She loves it and that makes me happy.  She is sure getting good at softball too...she was the power hitter on her team this summer:)

Jeff is going to Canada for work next week:(.  I am excited for him, but we will all miss him so much.  He is working at DTI in Springville.  They put out software for large newspapers to lay out their paper with.  He is sure a good dad, and he is a great husband.  I am pretty lucky to have him in my life.

Jenica is in Grant's Pass Oregon.  She works at a cafe at a resort on the Rogue river.  They have speed or power boats?  Something cool like that.  She is really getting in to hiking and biking in the beautiful country up here.  We sure miss her though.  She is my nature girl, and is thinking of teaching yoga.  We are HOPING she is moving back in October to spend some time with us and to go to school.

Jordan is busy as ever working up at Sundance in Provo Canyon, and still at Outback.  She moved out and lives with a great friend Katie near Utah Valley State College, where she is going to go to school this fall.  She is a fun, active girl who is fun to be around WHEN WE SEE HER!  She is SO busy.  She surprised Jeff and I by calling last night and meeting us for dinner at Mi Ranchito...it was so nice to catch up.  Can you believe she is turning 19 tomorrow?

I am working at UVRMC as the head of the Customer Service Team in the Patient Accounts Department.  I love working with people and I love my team.  I have new hours which are 10:30 am to 7:00 pm M-F and those are kind of crazy hours.  I am enjoying the time in the morning to get things done, and Jeff works until at least 7 every night, so I think it will work out.

1 comment:

Anika said...

Kathleen - What a GREAT blog!! I LOVE seeing picts of the kids. I canNOT believe how old I am! Jocelyn in 6th grade?!?!?!? un-be-lieve-able! We so miss your fam, we would love to just go to a softball game, or rib Riley or eat at mi ranchito.....hmph! Take care! We love ya!